This half-day session offers individuals in business the opportunity to update and enhance their knowledge on the current Employment Laws.
It is designed to give delegates more confidence as people managers when handling day to day employee relation questions and possible issues and is delivered in an open, interactive manner allowing delegates to share views and concerns in a safe, confidential environment.
The following topics will be covered: -
What is Employment Law?
The Employment Relationships
· What is an Employment Status?
· Probationary periods
· Working time regulations
Contracts and Terms of Employment
· Part-time, fixed term, homeworking and zero hours contracts
· Human Rights and Data Protection regulation
· Parental and Maternity Leave
· Holiday rights (and post-return transfer of holiday when sick)
· Sick Leave
Discipline & Dismissal
· Disciplinary procedure and appeals
· Avoiding unfair, constructive and wrongful dismissals
For more information on this course or to speak to someone about a bespoke course, please call or click on the button below.